MINI LEAGUE 2023 RULES FOR PLAYERS;
● Players should arrive at least a half an hour before their first match to register and meet with their team. All teams have a match on Friday so please check the fixture list for exact times.
● If, for whatever reason you are unable to make a match, please let your manager know or alternatively, contact the club so we can notify your team manager.
● Teams should try to meet at least 15 minutes prior to any subsequent fixture in their designated meeting point. Speak to your manager about this so all players know what the plan is of their specific team.
● Matches will be 10 minutes per half with a quick turnaround break. Roll on, roll off substitutions. Academy games will be 10 minutes each.
● 3 Points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
● In the case of 2 teams ending up with the same number of points in the table, league position will be based on head-to-head. If head-to-head can’t separate them and their final position would result in a team not qualifying for the semi-finals (eg. 4th & 5th), then a penalty shootout will take place. (Goal difference will not be used at all) Should it only be for position within the 4 qualified teams eg. 3rd & 4th, then a coin flick will determine the final position)
● Semi Finals will take place on Saturday afternoon with 1st playing 4th and 2nd playing 3rd.
● The fianls will all take place on Sunday morning.
● Players can wear the colour of the team allotted to them where possible eg Ireland - wear green, Liverpool - wear red. However, coloured bibs will be provided to all teams so no problem if you don’t have a colour that matches.
● All matches will be played on our Grass Pitches so please wear the appropriate boots and shin guards.
● Players should wear sun cream and bring/drink plenty of water for the tournament. Caps are also advisable when not playing.
● Warm up areas will be available in the cages on the days for teams use.
Players and parents are asked to remember that our club is currently undergoing development work for our new Astro so the ground is uneven in places and building materials remain on site. Please take extra care up at our club over the weekend and stay away from cordoned off areas.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at Leixlip United.