Leixlip United AFC

Founded 1969

Co. Kildare

Match Reports and news from Leixlip United

Download our mobile app to hear more about Leixlip United AFC.

See More

Our U13 girls (above) enjoyed the Ireland V Northern Ireland game at the Aviva on Saturday.

Match Reports

16s B1 Leixlip 3-3 Bohemians
Cracking game against a physical Bohs team. Bohs went one nil up with 30 minutes gone after a wind assisted corner drifted into the goal despite the best efforts of our keeper. Leixlip equalised almost immediately through captain David Ibrahim. Bohs went 2-1 up just before half time after we didn't deal with a long ball over the top. Leixlip equalised ten minutes into the second half through a long range effort by James Gaynor. Marti Jubert put Leixlip 3-2 ahead with 20 minutes to go only for Bohs to get a deserved equaliser with 15 minutes left. A super save from Cillian Gamble at the death made sure Leixlip won their first point of the season after two narrow defeats.

16s Major Leixlip 4-1 Mount Merrion
Good start to the season, capitalised on a mistake from their keeper, Robertas blocked and went on to score. 2-0 soon after, Cian at LB skipping over 2 tackles before being taken down in the box, peno saved but scored on the follow-in by Lewis. Great run and finish by Robertas to make it 3-0 at halftime.
2nd half evened out somewhat with, a lot more half chances, Darragh Looney grabbed a goal to make it 4-0 with a 1 touch finish fromna cross. Robertas missed a 1 on 1 last 5mins to get a hat trick, then we conceded a free kick at the last kick of the game. Good start

Leixlip 4 AGP 3
Great win for the home team. They had to do it the hard way mind, twice coming back from a goal down.The away team struck first in the 10th minute with a looping long range effort. Conor Tighe then equalised soon after with a coolly placed ball in the bottom corner of the away teams goal. AGP scored again to make it 1–2 only for James Iredale to draw the teams level one more time when he scored from close range. AGP ended the 1st half 2-3 after a mix up in the leixlip box.
The second half saw a different attitude from the leixlip boys and they soon equalised when Conor Tighe converted a cross from Aaron Dunne. With 5 minutes to go it was Leixlip who hit the front. Eoghan Ruane was the catalyst for the best play of the game, he put Jack Dooley through to cross the ball for James Iredale to convert. 2 from 2 for the 23/24 season. We'll Done Lads!

U12A St Mochtas 0-2 Leixlip
A well deserved win this morning for the lads after a really good performance. We were well on top in the first half and created alot of chances but didn't get the breakthrough until 5 minutes before half time. Fionn Clancy controlled a high ball in midfield and found Patrick O'Sullivan who played in Daniel O'Shea on the overlap and he finished well from a tight angle. We continued to make chances in the second half and had to rely on two last ditch tackles from Tom Donnelly and Tadhg Mallon to keep us 1 up. Eoghan Fahy finally got the second goal with a minute left to seal the win.

U14A Verona 0-1 Leixlip
Finally up and running with the first game of the season for the boys. Not a lot in it. A real battle of a game and a tough place to come considering Verona had won their 2 games so far into the season. Started off cagey with little chances other than a looping mis hit from Verona that hit the crossbar.
Nothing in it at half time. We started brightly in the 2nd half and won a free just outside the box 10 minutes in after great play from Stevie Owens on the wing who played in Ben Kineavy. Up stepped Zach Fitzpatrick who hit a powerful free on target with his left peg. The Verona keeper spilled it and Rian Fahey got his poachers goal. Verona came out of blocks after the whistle however we held our own at the back. Verona hit the post late on and wasted a number of frees. Even 8 minutes of extra time and a very soft red card didn't deny us in the end. Small margins today and Leixlip came out on top. 1 chance and 1 goal.

U14P Ballyoulster 1 Leixlip 2
Scrappy game we started slowly as we always do those 10.15am kickoffs do not suit us, having said that we had the two best half chances in first 15 mins a saved shot and one just wide but then a really sloppy back pass was intercepted and their striker nipped in so 1 nil down. Their tales were up and our keeper made a good save sprinting off his line immediately after and our lads heads were getting drawn into a battle that they didn’t need to. Halftime we had a word told them we were better football team and all the lads stepped up second half Oisin Kelly won the ball high up the pitch in their half after 10 mins and slid a great ball in to forward line it was then slipped to Daniel Bradley who swivelled turned and drilled it low and hard to the corner 1-1. Only 1 team in it after that Oisin Stokes won a free on left side with 9 mins to go and Michael Cavanagh hit a high hopeful free in on goal which their keeper normally mops up but it slipped through his hands and over the line but Senan Linnane made sure just in case ref did not give it 2-1. We pushed for a 3rd and Tom McCusker shifted the ball inside on the left and hit a great looping shot from 25 yards that was finger tipped out of the top corner by their keeper's excellent save. We were very professional in the last 5 and saw the game out. Delighted for the lads after a tough year last year hopefully gives a boost for next few weeks.

Download ClubZap

Get live information for Club on the ClubZap App

App Store Google Play